Posted by Barrie on Sunday, 14 February 2010

Live Betting Key to Success in the FA Cup

The FA Cup provided bags of entertainment and some unpredictability this weekend. I expect the bookmakers to have had some success with the likes of Tottenham Hotspur and Aston Villa being held today. Despite having Spurs and Villa in a treble today, it's been a very profitable day and weekend for me.

In the first game today, Bolton really took it to Tottenham who were hanging on for a while until the home side finally broke through with Kevin Davies tapping in after a lovely move. Tottenham did get back into it shortly after and it was before half time that I took them to win or draw at evens.

A game of two halves came true in this one. After being outplayed in the first half, Tottenham took control in the second. Jermain Defoe equalised on the our and that was after Spurs had twice hit the bar. Tom Huddlestone had a penalty saved later as Spurs failed once again to score from the spot. A chance for Bolton to win it late on as I was expecting never came as Spurs finished the game on top. These two will replay now, but thanks to live betting strategies, I came away with a tidy sum today.


That was only the start of it. And the less nervous one of the two. I was expecting Aston Villa to win today. Even with Crystal Palace's notable talent and good form. So after Crystal Palace took the lead, and with the usually reliable bet365 having problems, I found the best place to go to for some good odds were at Will Hill. Although Aston Villa were substantially odds on, as I couldn't see them losing this game I took the bet of Aston Villa to win +1 on the Asian handicap at 8/11.


It was a close match and the Crystal Palace players certainly put themselves about. I felt confident in my bet paying off when James Collins nodded home an equaliser for the visitors. And the home side rarely threatened Brad Friedel's goal after that. That was until Darren Ambrose struck a 36 yard free kick that flew into the corner of the net. I was taken away by it and it left Villa with just 20 minutes to find an equaliser.

Fortunately, through a controversial corner that brought out the best of Neil Warnock in his post-match interview, Stiliyan Petrov headed home to setup a replay. And more importantly, win my bet.

I've often said to be careful in the past on FA Cup games because they do throw us some strange results. There have been no major upsets this weekend, but thanks to in play betting and a but of fortunate (or good judgement ;) ), I can afford that trip to Montreal in May that I have been considering recently, solely on this weekend's results. I hope this weekend's games brought you success also. If not, I will have more tips and advice for you as always in the near future.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 18 November 2011 at 06:10 , OpenID Kieran Faulkner said...

In Play Betting is an exciting way to gamble and can be quite profitable if you have the skill and if you are on the right betting site.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home