Posted by Barrie on Sunday, 14 February 2010

In-Play FA Cup Betting Provides Winners

The unpredictability of the FA Cup continued yesterday. This time there were no upsets before Valentines Day.

Firstly, I was embarrassed on my Southampton bet as Portsmouth thrashed them 4-1 (the last 2 goals were on the counter attack when Southampton pushed up field). But as with any cup game you keep your stakes low.

Except for West Brom. But for live betting I would have been down yesterday. Live betting and a late West Brom equaliser. I was fortunate in that sense yesterday, but I took full advantage of in-play betting after West Brom conceded a goal inside 10 seconds, backing them to win or draw narrowly above evens and matching the same stake I had on them to win pre kickoff. I ended up making a small profit from that game. It would have been a big loss if Reading had won, but were they ever going to win? ;) And if West Brom had taken the man advantage they had for a while and won the game, I would have been a very rich boy.


My biggest winner actually came in the Championship yesterday with Coventry beating Queens Park Rangers. The home side were in form and QPR have been playing awful under Mick Harford. I don't rate him as a manager. A good coach, but not a manager. A tough guy in his day, but not a manager. Ladbrokes giving me evens was a mistake on their behalf.


Today I am leaning on Tottenham and Aston Villa. While Tottenham have yet to win at the Reebok Stadium, you would like to think they will break their duck eventually. Tottenham are one of the favourites for this competition now and Harry Redknapp will be looking to get his hands on the cup once again. Aston Villa meanwhile are in the same situation and are playing well. They are both live on TV so will be ones for in-play betting. A cheeky treble with Fulham before they kickoff, but the serious betting will be in play.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8 August 2011 at 15:36 , OpenID Kieran Faulkner said...

It's more exciting to wager on inplay betting. I'm glad you're having a good time and making a profit.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home